Monday, August 8, 2011

Baklava Apples

My gorgeous friend Hanri who lives in the UK posted this recipe on Facebook the other day and I just HAD to share it! How delicious and easy does this look? And it’s totally perfect for Meat-Free-Mondays J

Hanri is a yoga teacher and has a fab blog with loads of healthy recipes and all round wellness posts, check it out: http://yogahoney.blogspot.com/


Baklava Apples
Serves 4 for dessert or breakfast

You will need
4 Apples
50g Pistachios
50g Cashew Nuts
1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp Cloves, ground
1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
2 Tbls Honey 
Greek Yoghurt to serve


How to make it
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Core the apples, making some extra room in the centre for stuffing the apples.
Next, chop the nuts (a food processor makes this super quick and easy),then mix in the ground spices and spoon the spicy nut mixture into the apples. Don't be afraid to pack the chopped nuts in tightly into the centre of every apple. If you have some nut mixture left, save it to have on your cereal for breakfast. 
Now place the stuffed apples into a baking tray, and drizzle the honey over top of the apples, concentrating on where the nut mixture is so that it seeps into the mixture.
Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Serve with some creamy Greek yoghurt, and drizzle some of the warm honey that's overrun into the baking tray over the top.


Enjoy! 

This recipe was inspired by Peter from the 'Souvlaki for the Soul' blog:http://souvlakiforthesoul.com/baked-apples-baklava  



1 comment:

  1. Yummy and looking so gorgeous also. I want to eat your baklava as I can't do that so I'll try this one at my home by seeing your recipe and yes I'll give you my review back. Although everyone likes baklava with pistachios but I always like the simplest one. That's why your baklava attracted me much.

    ReplyDelete