One of the tastiest salads ever!
Beetroot, Rocket, Bacon & Parmesan Salad
Serves six as a starter
You will need
1kg Baby Beetroot, peeled and quartered
6 handfuls Rocket
6 Tbls Brown Sugar
How to make it
Boil the beetroot until just soft (we use a pressure cooker as this can take some time.)
Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
Layer the beetroot quarters on a flat baking tray, season with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
Bake until slightly caramelised, set aside to cool.
Fry bacon until crispy, cut into small pieces and cool.
Layer rocket leaves on a plate of your choice.
Top with roasted beetroot.
Sprinkle with bacon bits.
Finish off with Parmesan shavings and a drizzle of Balsamic reduction.
- Use butternut instead of beetroot and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- You can buy pre-prepared beetroot for more convenience.
- Leave out the bacon for a veggie version.
- This salad can be served as a large table salad or individually plated.
- The elements of this salad can be made the day before a dinner party and simply plated on the day, saving you from slaving in the kitchen while your guests are there.