Monday, January 20, 2014

The best gift ever? Champagne that was made the year you were born of course!

I thought it would be appropriate to open the blog this year with a post about Champagne – the ultimate celebration drink. It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of bubbly, and although I think South African MCC is fantastic, there is something special about the delicate fizz and golden hue of real French Champagne.

A bottle of Veuve from 1982!!

Last year my brother gave me one of the most amazing foodie gifts ever – a bottle of 1982 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin, my birth year. It’s beautiful, scuffed and too precious to drink, but as an ode I’ve decided to dedicate an entire blog post to it. A few years ago the husband and I (still fiancés at that stage) road tripped through the Champagne region in France, and one of the houses we visited was that of Madame Veuve Clicquot. I fell in love with everything about the brand and the bubbly, and it has become my official celebratory drink of choice.

Here is to many more happy years of celebrating with fabulous bubbles in hand.

Happy 2014!

PS: Read some more about Veuve Clicquot's interesting history
and it's champagne making process on their official website, here.

Sipping my favourite at Veuve Clicquot in Reims, Champagne

Inside the cellars at Veuve Clicquot in Reims, Champagne

At the show room at Veuve Clicquot in Reims, Champagne

My best friend popping a bottle of Veuve on my wedding day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment